How To Make Instagram Account Private..
This is compiled guide on how to make Instagram Account Private and it aims to teach you how you can take your Instagram account from public status to Private mode.
Taking Instagram to private status simply means that other users on Instagram who want to follow you, will have to request to follow you; And until you accept such request, they won’t be able to follow you or see your profile – as long as your account remains in private.
Having said, let’s learn below;
How To Make Instagram Account Private
1. Launch your Instagram App by tapping on the App from your phone menu.
Note, that you won’t be able to change your account’s viewing status from a computer system, although you can do this using the Tablet mobile.
2. Tap on the person-shaped icon – It is located at the bottom right corner of the Instagram App screen. Tapping on this icon will open your profile.
3. Open the Instagram Account settings by tapping the three dots in the top right corner of the App screen. For iOS it is a gear icon still in the top right corner of the Instagram screen.
4. Scroll down to the “Account” options – The Account option is among the different option you will find in this area. Then, while you scroll through the ‘account” option, you will find the “Private Account” option within the “Account” option of the settings.
5. Swipe the switch next to the right side of the “Private Account” – There is a switch located on the right hand side of the “Private Account”, simply swipe it to the right. Swiping the switch will change its color from grey to blue which simply shows that your account is now in the private status.
These simple actions on how to make Instagram Account private will definitely help you privatize your account. Such that new followers will have to wait for you to approve their request before they will be able to follow you and see your posts.
NOTE: To disable this, simply swipe the switch back to the left…and it will change from the blue color back to grey. Meanwhile, your current followers are not affected by this changes.
Hope this was helpful? Using the comment box below, make your suggestions and contributions..