Cancer Research Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024 – CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship is currently open for interested applicants. In this article we will explain in detail about CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship, its benefits and step by step application process.
CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024-2025 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for postdoctoral research studies. This scholarship provides up to $59,000 per annum and an allowance of $1,500 per year to help pay for the fellow’s research supplies, travel to scientific meetings, and/or health insurance.
Cancer Research Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024
In major universities and study centers around the globe, the CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship Program promotes skilled youthful researchers who aim to obtain instruction in basic immunology or immunology for cancer.
Postdoctoral fellowship promotes youthful skilled researchers at the world’s major universities and resettlement centers to receive instruction in immunology and cancer immunology fundamentals. Each applicant will be evaluated by a committee of the science consultative board. CRI is most interested in research that immediately affect the immunology of cancer.
Level of Study: Postdoctoral
Institution(s): Cancer Research Institute (CRI)
Study in: The fellowship can be performed in the United States or abroad, but must take place at a non-profit institution.
Opportunity Focus Areas: Applicant must be working in areas directly related to immunology or cancer immunology.
Deadline: September 1, March 1 (Annually)
CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship Program provides the recipients with below benefits:
Newly awarded fellowships provide a stipend of $55,000 for the first year, $57,000 for the second year, and $59,000 for the third year.
In addition, an allowance of $1,500 per year is allotted to the host institution for use at the sponsor’s discretion to help pay for the fellow’s research supplies, travel to scientific meetings, and/or health insurance.
Eligibility Criteria for CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowships
To be eligible for CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, these points should be considered:
- Required Languages: English.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- Applicants for the CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship Program must be working in areas directly related to immunology or cancer immunology. An eligible project must fall into the broad field of immunology with relevance to solving the cancer problem.
- Applicants must have a doctoral degree by the date of award activation and must conduct their proposed research under a sponsor who holds a formal appointment at the host institution.
- Applicants with 5 or more years of relevant postdoctoral experience are not eligible, with the exception of M.D. applicants, who should not include years of residency in this calculation.
- Only in exceptional circumstances will applicants who have already spent 3 or more years in a sponsor’s laboratory by the start date of fellowship be considered for a fellowship award.
- The fellowship can be performed in the United States or abroad, but must take place at a non-profit institution. There are no citizenship restrictions.
- Only one fellow per sponsor may apply per application round, and faculty sponsors may not have more than three CRI-supported fellows at any time.
Also Search –
How to Apply for CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail this scholarship.
(1) Complete the PDF application form. Fill out the form, print it, and obtain signatures for the Institutional Certifications section., Signatures will be required from the following individuals:
- An Internal Review Board (IRB) or certifying officer, who can attest that the proposal is in compliance with government and institutional regulations.
- The institution’s administrative officer.
- The institution’s financial officer.
(2) When your form is complete, you should scan it as a PDF and upload it with your other supporting materials when completing the online application form.
(3) On the final page of the application to upload, in this order, the following supporting documentation in one PDF document:
- The entire PDF application form, beginning with the cover sheet. Please make sure all signatures have been obtained for section three.
Brief description of the applicant’s background and research accomplishments.
- List of other funding sources to which applications have been or will be submitted, with due dates.
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae and bibliography.
- Brief summary of your project, including a description of how the proposed research is relevant to understanding the role of the immune system in cancer and/or the treatment of cancer through immunological means.
- Abstract of research in non-technical English explaining the importance of the proposed research and its potential clinical relevance. (for fundraising purposes)
- Concise research proposal (background, significance, specific aims, materials and methods) (not to exceed 6 pages inclusive of tables and figures, exclusive of references.)
- Letter from the sponsor introducing the applicant and describing the sponsor’s qualifications to direct the proposed research. The letter must contain assurance that the applicant’s project will be conducted under the direct supervision of the sponsor..
- Sponsor’s curriculum vitae/biosketch, bibliography (limit bibliography to past 5 years or to publications relevant to proposed research), and a list of sponsor’s current research support.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. One letter must be from the applicant’s thesis adviser. The second letter should be from an individual well acquainted with the applicant’s work. The sponsor may not submit one of these letters. If the sponsor was also the applicant’s thesis advisor, you must contact CRI for further instruction.
- Note: All files must be combined into one document and named according to the following formula: if your name is John Brown, your file should be called Brown, John pdf. Do not submit multiple attachments.
If you encounter problems uploading your attachment, email it to [email protected]
To know more about CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, please visit the official website