How to Protect Your Facebook Account from Hackers – It is very annoying and humiliating whenever you discovered that your Facebook account has been hacked, it can damage your reputation or even cost you money. This article contains How To Prevent Your Facebook Account From Hacking
How To Prevent Your Facebook Account From Hacking
Following the alarming and reoccurring circumstance on Facebook Account hacking, We have made several posts on Facebook account hacking. Such as Facebook Account Hacking Help, How to report hackers to Facebook and so on.
We bring to you how to protect your Facebook and prevent Hackers from tempering into your account.
Below are the steps to follow;
1. Protecting Your Password
– Create a strong password: A strong password will be at least 8-10 characters in length, but the more the better. The longer (more characters) your password is, the more time it will take the hacker to crack it.
-It must contain at least one of each of the following characters: lower-case letters, upper-case letters, numbers, and special characters. You should totally avoid using your phone numbers for your password.
2. Always Log Out on another Device After Use: Some peoples have formed a habit of leaving their account logged in with another device each time they make use of it making it easier to know. Make sure you logged out immediately you are through.
3. Use a Password Manager: As you create more strong and unique passwords, it will likely be difficult to remember them all. There are many good password managers available that will encrypt and safely store your passwords.
You might even have a password manager built into your operating system — for example, Mac users have the keychain password manager available to them for free.
If you don’t want to use a password manager, use a passphrase, Such as: “ Many are called but few are chosen!” might become Macbfac!
4. Change your password once every six months: This goes for all of your passwords — not just your Facebook one. If you find it difficult to remember to do this, set a reminder on your calendar.
5. Do not share your Facebook password with anyone: Can you share your pants with anyone? If the answer is No because it is you protect your privacy. Then your password is equally your Pants in this regard. In fact, don’t share any of your passwords with anyone!
6. Avoid using the “remember password” feature on computers other than your own: When the “remember password” prompt comes up and you are not at your own computer, click on the “not now” button.
7. Set a Master Password: On your computer, it is recommended that you set a master password for your browser, as having a master password will prompt anyone trying to see your passwords to enter another password (one created by you) just to show the passwords.
Make sure that your master password is different from your other passwords and that it is a strong password.
Whether your browser automatically saves your passwords in a master password-protected file will depend on your operating system and your browser. You can ensure that a master password is in effect by checking your browser preferences.
8. Only Log in and Log out on Trusted Computers: If you are using a computer that you don’t know or trust, avoid doing anything that requires you to enter your password. Hackers commonly use key loggers on computer systems that record everything you type, including passwords.
If it’s not possible for you to avoid typing a password into a computer you don’t trust, then change your password as soon as you can once you’re back at your own computer.
We will appreciate if you can relate your problems encountered about How To Prevent Your Facebook Account From Hacking on the comment section below.