Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships 2024 – You can now start your study adventure in the UK by applying for Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Scholarships which are currently open. This article will give you details of OCIS Scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Scholarships 2024-2025 are fully funded scholarships for international students. These scholarships are only offered for masters. This Scholarship covers 100% of course fees and a grant for living costs of £15,609.
These scholarships have been established by the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies to allow graduates to pursue study of benefit to the Muslim world.
The Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies is a Recognized Independent Centre of the University of Oxford. It was established in 1985 to encourage the scholarly study of Islam and the Islamic world. The Centre provides a meeting point for the Western and Islamic worlds of learning.
At Oxford, it contributes to the multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary study of the Islamic world. Beyond Oxford, its role is strengthened by an international network of academic contacts. For more information, please refer to the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies website.
Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): University of Oxford
- Study in: UK
- Courses Offered: All full-time master’s and DPhil courses
- Program Period: According to chosen program.
- Deadline: January, 2024 (Relevant December/January deadline for your course)
Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarship Coverage
OCIS Scholarships provides the recipient with the following benefits:
100% of course fees and a grant for living costs (at least £15,285)
Eligibility Criteria for Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships
To be eligible for OCIS Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: You must be either:
- ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom and from a Muslim community (with preference given to those from a financially disadvantaged household), or
- a national of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries in Asia and Africa: Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Albania, Indonesia, Palestine, Algeria, Iran, Qatar, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Jordan, Senegal, Bangladesh, Kazakhstan, Sierra Leone, Benin Kuwait, Somalia, Brunei Darussalam, Kyrgyzstan, Sudan, Burkina Faso, Lebanon, Suriname, Cameroon, Libya, Syrian Arab Republic, Chad, Malaysia, Tajikistan, Comoros, Maldives, Togo, Côte d’Ivoire, Mali, Tunisia, Djibouti, Mauritania, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Turkmenistan, Gabon, Mozambique, Uganda, Gambia, Niger, United Arab Emirates, Guinea, Nigeria, Uzbekistan, Guyana, Oman, Yemen
- You must be applying to start a new full-time master’s or DPhil course at Oxford.
- You should be intending to return to your country of ordinary residence once your course is completed.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- You should be intending to undertake study in a field derived from or of relevance to the Islamic tradition, or which is of relevance and/or benefit to the Muslim world.
- This scholarship is not open to candidates applying for postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma courses, part-time courses or non-matriculated courses.
- Candidates who hold deferred offers to start in 2024-25 will not be considered for this scholarship.
Also Search –
How to Apply for Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships?
Please follow below steps to avail OCIS Scholarships:
- You have to submit your application for graduate study at Oxford by the relevant January 2024 deadline, choose your specific course from here.
- Click on ” apply” full time, create a new account, and provide the required documents.
- Upload the OCIS Supporting Statement here
- Each course has a specific statement of purpose form.
- Each course requires specific scores (TOEFL iBT, IELTS Academic).
- Each course has a specific deadline.
- To be eligible for consideration for this scholarship, applicants must be successful in being offered a place on their course after consideration of applications received by the relevant January deadline. Course applications which are held over after the January deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March deadline, or course applications which have been put on a waiting list, are not eligible for scholarship consideration.
- You can see all Asian and African countries eligible here.
To know more about Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Scholarships, please visit official website.