Sweden is one of the member countries of Schengen group of countries and as such, the visa application rules applicable to other Schengen countries also apply to Sweden visa application. Depending on the individual’s purpose and reason for traveling to Sweden, different visa types applies; This means that, the purpose of your travel to Sweden will determine the kind of Sweden visa application you go for.
In other words, there are different types of Sweden visa which one can apply based on one’s purpose of going to Sweden country. Let us quickly highlight some of the common Sweden visa types.
Types Of Sweden Visa – Sweden Visa Types
The following visa types are available for individuals who want to travel to Sweden. And your purpose of traveling to Sweden determines the kind or type of visa you would apply.
Visitor Visa; This is the type of Sweden visa application an individual who wants to travel to Sweden will apply for, if such a person has been invited over to Sweden by someone else who resides in Sweden.
Study Visa (Students Visa): This visa type covers for those who want to travel to Sweden for their academic or study pursuit. If you intend to study to study in Sweden, you will have to complete Swedish study visa application.
Business Visa; If you are going on a business purpose, then this type of visa is what you would have to apply.
Work Visa: If you have been employed by a working firm in the Sweden country, then you will have to apply for Sweden visa for work, in any case you will also need to obtain work permit to be able to stay and work in Sweden.
How To Apply For a Visa – Sweden Visa Application Requirements & Guide
Applications for visas to Sweden are made at a Swedish embassy in your country of residence. Relevant addresses can be found under ‘Embassies and consulates’ under ‘Related information’.
In places where Sweden does not have an embassy, another Schengen country can represent Sweden, process an application and issue visas on Sweden’s behalf. In some places Sweden is represented by another Schengen country even though there is a local Swedish Embassy.
Online Sweden Visa Application And Requirements
As someone who wants to visit or travel to Sweden, the following Sweden visa requirements are what you have to observe. This is in addition to completing the Sweden visa application form online.;
1. Download Here the Sweden visa application form, and then fill the form as correctly as and completely as required. Also fill the form with all sincerity. Also, you can fill the Sweden Schengen visa application form electronically and then print the a hard-copy of the Sweden visa.
2. You must have an international passport which is valid for at least three months after the final date of the visa.
3. 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
4. Proof of sufficient fund for your keep through out your stay in Sweden.
5. Individual medical travel insurance which covers the costs which could arise as a result of emergency medical assistance, emergency hospitalization or medical repatriation.
6. Other requirements include but not limited to flight ticket reservation, hotel booking reservation etc.
It is important to note, that depending on one’s purpose of travel or country of origin, there may be additional requirements or exceptions. For instance, citizens of of countries in the Schengen group do not require visa to travel to Sweden for stay up to three months.
Are you employed:
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
Are you self-employed:
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- Leave approval letter from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
Note: It is important that when applying for Sweden visa, that applicant visits the Swedish embassy/consulate in home country for more details and requirements.