This post on Telegram Desktop will enlighten you on how you can use Telegram on your desktop. Telegram is a messaging app with a focus on speed and security, it is super-fast, simple and free to download and use. Also, Telegram can be used on all your devices at the same time – your messages sync seamlessly across any number of your phones, tablets or computers. With Telegram installed in your desktop, you can send messages, photos, videos and files of any type (doc, zip, mp3, etc), as well as create groups for up to 5000 people or channels for broadcasting to unlimited audiences.
You can find people by their usernames and/or write to your phone contacts. Because of these unique features, Telegram is like SMS and email combined – and can take care of all your personal or business messaging needs.
Telegram is a Free cross-platform messenger, it’s a cloud-based instant messaging and voice service. It is developed by Telegram Messenger LLP, a privately held company registered in London, United Kingdom, and it’s founded by Russian entrepreneur Pavel Durov. Co-founder of Russia’s largest social network VK.com.
Telegram has been widely used as a Whatsapp alternative because of its heavy encryption technology.
Another important feature of the Telegram messenger is that it can be used on a desktop computer. Telegram is available on various platforms, Android, iOS, Windows, Mac OSX application and as web client.
Various ways to use Telegram on your computer;
- Using Windows/Mac OSX/Linux application.
- Using app from Chrome web store.
- Using a web client.
Using Telegram App For Windows application
Telegram has its own official application for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux unlike WhatsApp.
Steps To Install Telegram Desktop App on PC
1. Visit Telegram Desktop Site.
2. Click “Get Telegram Desktop for Windows” and download the file.
3. Open that file and install it. Same as you do with other software.
4. Next step, open the Telegram Desktop App using the shortcut from your desktop.
5. Click “Start Messaging”.
6. Telegram will then ask for your country code and phone number for verification purposes, using One Time Password(OTP) or voice call. All these are pretty much the same steps as with WhatsApp.
7. Once you get verified, all your previous conversations and contacts will be imported.