Delete a Facebook Account Now – A lot of reasons may necessitate your decision to want to know how to delete Facebook account permanently. If you really want to remove your digital identity, and opt out immediately from Facebook, here are a few things you should note before you do that. Even though Facebook discourages you deleting your account completely, they do offer an option. Let’s go through it.
Backup Your Facebook Data
Facebook advise that you back up all your data (posts, videos, and photos). To do this,
- Tap the Down Arrow in the upper right-hand corner.
- Then scroll to Settings. In General Account Settings, Tap ‘Download a copy of all your Facebook data; download archive.
Deactivate Your Account
This next step requires you to deactivate your account. To do this;
- Tap the Down Arrow in the upper right-hand corner, account settings, tap on security on the left menu, and tap deactivate your account.
- You’ll be prompted for a reason as to why you are leaving.
- All your Facebook data will be de-indexed but can be easily restored.
Steps on How to Delete Facebook Profile Account Permanently
Once you delete your account, you won’t regain access to that account again and everything associated with you will be permanently removed. Thus think twice before you click on that delete button. Note also that if you wish to change your mind, Facebook delays deletion a few days after the request is made.
This few days can take up to 90 days after your account is removed for all of your data stored in Facebook’s backup systems to be completely deleted.
To delete Facebook account permanently immediately, follow these steps;
* Scroll to the Delete Your Account page. (https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account)
* Next, tap on Settings and tap Your Facebook Information in the left column
* Tap Deactivation and Deletion.
* Thereafter, choose Delete Account, and tap Continue to Account Deletion.
* Lastly, enter your password, and tap Continue and tap Delete Account.
It’s that easy to delete your Facebook account permanently. But before you take that step, weigh the pros and cons to really decide that you want to opt out of the no 1 social media platform.