DSS Nigeria Recruitment 2021/2022 Check Application Form Portal.
DSS Recruitment 2021 Portal www.dss.gov.ng. This page will guide you on the latest information about how to apply for the Department of State Security Service (DSS) job offers in Nigeria for graduate and undergraduate.
In this article, you will learn about the company description, application skills, requirements, and qualifications. Interested applicant should follow the lead outline below for a successful application.
DSS Nigeria Recruitment 2021
IMPORTANT! Currently, DSS recruitment form 2021 is not yet out online, DISREGARD any form of advert you come across. This page will be updated immediately the form is out.
About DSS Recruitment 2021
Unlike other jobs in Nigeria, the recruitment process for the DSS can’t be done online. If you want to start your application process – you should follow the DSS Nigeria Website www.dss.gov.ng for instructions.
The DSS Nigeria 2020 recruitment has already started nationwide. It’s good news for people who want to dedicate their lives to the service of the country.
It’s not an online registration, so all submission forms should be done hand-to-hand. If you want to become one of the members of the DSS Nigeria Army, then you will need:
- A letter indicating local government of origin. It should be signed by a local government authority;
- Handwritten application letter to The Director-General, State Security Service, Abuja. The current Director-General of the SSS is Lawal Musa Daura;
- Statements of results;
- Two-color passport photos.
You will need all documents above for registration at the Department of State Service. Do not forget that the DSS of Nigeria recruitment does not request payment for your application. You need to visit the State Security Service headquarters in your state of origin and submit your documents.
Differences Between SSS and DSS
The State Security Service or the Department of State Security Service is mainly responsible for the domestic security of the country.
They are a brute police force that deals with chaos within the country. They can also be used in anti-terrorism operations in Nigeria. Still, their main task is to provide security to the citizens of Nigeria.
The SSS enforces and upholds the criminal laws of Nigeria and provides criminal justice to law-enforcement organizations.
It also provides protection for State Governors, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Senate President, Vice President, President, and their families.
The SSS is also charged with the protection of the visiting foreign heads of state and government, candidates for the offices of Vice President and President, ex-presidents, high-ranking officers, and their families.
General Requirements of DSS Nigeria Recruitment 2021
The Department of State Security invites graduates and postgraduates to fill in the positions in recruitment 2021. It also provides general requirements for people who wish to become a part of Nigerian security service personnel. Here are the DSS Nigeria requirements:
1. You should be a Nigerian by birth or born to Nigerian parents. Foreigners are not allowed to take the DSS Nigeria Job;
2. Male candidates should be at least 1.7m tall (for certain posts it`s not necessary)
3. Female candidates should be at least 1.64m tall (for certain posts it`s not necessary);
4. The expanded chest measurement of the candidate must be at least 0.87 meters (for certain posts it`s not necessary);
6. The candidate should be certified by a Government Medical Officer;
7. The candidate must be mentally fit for service;
8. The candidate should be physically fit for service;
9. The candidates with the following medical cases can`t apply for the service:
Major orthopedic operations in the past;
Natural disabilities (fractures, stammering, and others);
10. Any candidate who wants to apply for DSS in Nigeria can’t be a serviceman if he/she has been found guilty in any criminal offense in Nigeria or any other country;
11. Candidates who have any form of financial embarrassment can’t apply for DSS Nigeria recruitment 2020
12. Candidates who exceed 30 years of age can`t apply for DSS Nigeria.
DSS Nigeria Recruitment 2018/2019
If you do not have any of the below-listed qualifications, then you can`t apply for the service. You must provide at least a Bachelor`s Degree with the Second Class Upper Division.
You can also provide the National Certificate of Education/National Diploma from a recognized institution. The credits and fields are listed below:
Physical and Health Education;
Electrical Engineering/Electronics Engineering/IT Specialist;
Peace and Conflict Resolution;
Guidance and Counseling (for female only);
Other Needed Specialists
Medical Doctors, Medical Officers, Consultants, Dental Officers, and Nurses can also apply for DSS in Nigeria. However, such candidates should have the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria Licence.
The DSS Nigeria is in need of various specialists. Check out the different posts in the DSS 2020:
Satellite images interpreter;
Computer Engineer/Computer science education/Network engineer/Data Administrator;
Electrical/Building/Mechanical/Satellite Communication engineer;