How to Change Profile Image on Gmail – Full Procedure
Profile image is a photo on your Gmail profile, that helps people to identify your email account even without writing in full your email address, is serves as an indicator to someone’s gmail.com account.
A lot of people have different reasons for wanting to change their profile image. Especially when you just finished taking some beautiful shots, of course, you will want your friends to see the new photos. Maybe you want to update your profile image on your Gmail account to the most recent pictures.
Although, many people are not aware of this beautiful feature from Gmail, however, uploading a photo on google Gmail helps you to be in charge of your account. Well, you can do the update in two patterns, you can either use your computer through the Gmail desktop or via the mobile app.
Why You Need a Profile Photo on Your Gmail
Gmail profile image is the image that appears when someone comes in contact with your name on their email inbox or chat list. Its tell more about your personality.
This is the same image that appears on your Google account photo. Your Google profile image also appears on Google services like Hangout, Calendar, Google +, Docs, YouTube Sheets, etc. To change your image it will be done via your Google account. So if you do not have a Google account you will need to open one.
Furthermore, note that when changing your profile image, it may not change immediately. It may take up to a few minutes for the new image pictures to appear in the Gmail app or website. If it takes a longer time to update, you will need to restart your phone or desktop for it to come up.
Also, as you are updating your image profile via your Google account, the new image may not appear in all your Google services but you can still see it on your Gmail. It will appear on your send emails but may not show on your profile image icon.
How to Create Google Account for Gmail Photos
To have full access to your Google account and set your profile image get a Google account. Here are the few steps to follow to create your Google account:
- Use your browser and log on to google.com
- Tap on the Create an account.
- Then the sign Up blank Form will show up.
- Next, tick on the box and tap on “Next” button
- Then, Create your profile page will come up
- Your account will be created and the welcome page by Google will display.
Simply follow these steps to open your Google account.
How to change Profile Image on Gmail
Changing of profile image on Gmail account is one of the trending happenings on Gmail. Therefore, just follow these steps to change the profile image.
- Visit the Google account https://myaccount.google.com
- Navigate to the top corner and of the page, click on select your profile image. Or click on the Manage your Google account or camera icon. Whichever options you choose you follow the next instructions. But if you’re not using other Google services like calendar, Google drive, there is no need to go via Manage My Account
- Choose the “Change” option that appears over your profile picture in a menu drop-down box.
- To start changing your pictures, you would have to, click and drag an image file from a enter folder of the uploaded or tap on the “Select a Photo from your computer” to set it manually make your choice
- Move to “your photos” button and choose from Google photos that are already in your computer.
- Move to the “photos of You” button and choose a photo that people have tagged you
- When you are through selecting a photo, click on the blue “Set as profile photo” button at the end of the photo uploader by the left side.
Hope this article was a perfect guide? Please rate this at the comment section…