How to Fix It When Facebook Dating Is Not Working – Facebook users have occasionally reported problems with the social network’s dating service including:
- Facebook Dating is not showing up in the Facebook app.
- Facebook Dating won’t load.
- The Facebook app keeps crashing.
- Photos and other features don’t show up in the app.
- Facebook Dating notifications don’t appear on your home screen.
If Facebook Dating is not working for you, you can try updating the Facebook app, restarting your device, or troubleshooting your internet connection.
NOTE: Information in this article applies to the Facebook app for iOS and Android.
Causes of Facebook Dating Not Working
If you’re having trouble with Facebook Dating, it’s probably due to one of the following reasons:
1. The Facebook app needs to be updated.
2. Facebook Dating is down for everyone.
3. You have notifications blocked.
4. There are problems with your internet connection.
5. Your mobile device’s cache data is corrupted.
Depending on the source of the problem, you might just have to wait for Facebook’s team to fix it, but there are a few things you can try in the meantime.
Tips: Search for “Facebook Dating down” on Google and Twitter to see if other users are reporting issues with the Facebook app.
How to Fix It When Facebook Dating Is Not Working
Try these steps until Facebook Dating is working properly:
1. Update the Facebook app. If Facebook Dating is not showing up, you probably need to update the Facebook mobile app to the most recent version. It’s possible to turn on automatic updates for Android and update all apps at once on iPhones.
2. Check your Wi-Fi connection. If you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network and having problems with other apps, you might need to troubleshoot your internet. If you’re using a mobile data plan, there are a few things you can try to fix it when your mobile data not working.
3. Enable Facebook app notifications. If you have turned off app notifications, make sure you make an exception for Facebook or turn notifications back on.
N|B: You can customize notifications for iPhones and Android devices so that you can hide app notifications on your lock screen.
4. Clear your mobile device’s cache. Your device stores data to help apps run faster, but something this data gets corrupted and causes apps to stop working properly. Clearing the cache on your iPhone or Android device can resolve any conflicts.
5. Check to see if Facebook is down. If other users are reporting problems with Facebook, then there’s likely nothing you can do except wait until it’s working again.
6. Close the Facebook app. When you close apps on iPhones or Android devices, it can fix minor bugs that cause features to go missing.
7. Restart your device. Turning off your device and turning it back on can solve a surprising number of problems.
8. Delete and reinstall the Facebook app. Try removing the app from iOS or Android and downloading it again from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
9. Contact the Facebook Help Center. If you still can’t access Facebook Dating, and no one else is reporting issues with the service, then you can reach out to Facebook’s technical support team.