If you are looking for how to print files from your Android device, then you need to check the steps on How to Print from Your Android Device. Keeping a hard copy of documents is not something that is common these days, but if there is something that you must print from your Android device, and you do not have a computer or cannot do it using a computer, well, you do not have to feel stranded because I would be giving you the steps available for printing from your Android device.
If you have not printed anything using your smartphone before, then what I would be giving to your might sound confusing to you. It is very easy though; you do not have to go through so many processes to get what you want to be done. Most of the printing process nowadays is mainly done with the aid of Bluetooth, but when it comes to Android devices you should be expecting some unique procedures.
How to Print from Your Android Device
There are two main procedures for printing on Android devices, and they include “using Google Cloud Print, and Using Cable and Bluetooth. These are the two best and easy ways to do this. So, below are the steps on how to print files from your Android device:
1. Google Cloud Print
This is the easiest method when it comes to printing from your Android device. Using your Google Cloud print feature that is built inside almost every smartphone. For this method to work well, you would be required to download the Google cloud print app. Once you have downloaded the app, add it to your printer to cloud print.
Below are the steps on how to do it.
- First of all, you are to make sure that your printer is well connected to your PC or your Mac using the same network.
- Then enter your Google Chrome browser and hit the Hamburger icon on the top right and enter “settings”.
- Or, just paste “Chrome://settings” in the address bar and hit enter
- On the settings page, scroll down and click “Show advance settings”
- Now, look for the “printing” icon and then click on the Google Cloud Print option.
- Now, tap the “Manage Cloud Print Devices” and open an expanded menu. Here, the printers that are connected to the same Wi-fi network that you are connected to would be listed.
- Select the printer you want to connect to and click “add new printer”.
- Make sure that the printers are added in the cloud using the same Google account that you make use of on your Android device because that is the only time that your printer would be synced.
- Once they are synced, select the option that you want to make use of the printer for, and then click on the “add printer(s)” button.
- Once you are done, the printer would be added automatically to your google account, and you would find it on the “Google Cloud Print” app that is available on your Android Device.
How to print
Once connected, to print follow the steps stated below:
- Open any picture or document you want to print on your android device.
- Tap on the “three dots” icon and select “print”.
- The file would be loaded alongside the cloud print app.
- Then, tap the drop-down menu from the top and select the printer you want to use.
- Tap the printer icon, and in no time, your document would be a printer.
2. Using USB Cable or Bluetooth
This option is also very easy to get by with, but in other, for you to make use of this option, you would need a Bluetooth that supports both parameters.
Since all the latest Android devices support USB connections to printers, you do not have a problem printing.
But, if your android device is an older version Android device, then you would need to be making use of an app that supports it or you would not be able to print.
Now, these are the two major processes of printing from your android device. There are definitely more methods, but these two are tested and trusted ways of doing it.
There are different other mobile printers out there.