Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 – Ishan Uday is a special scholarship scheme launched by the University Grants Commission (UGC) to promote higher education for the students of the North Eastern Region (NER) and to encourage children from economically weaker sections of the North Eastern Region.
Under the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme, a total of 10,000 new scholarships are distributed every year among NER students who are pursuing general degree courses, and technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Details
Name of Scholarship: Ishan Uday Scholarship
Academic session: 2023-2024
Course/s: General degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses
Implementing body: University Grants Commission (UGC)
Scholarship Amount: ₹ 7,800 and ₹ 5,400 per month
No of Beneficiaries: 10,000 students per year.
Application Mode: Online
Eligible States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Tripura
Last date of submission of application: 31st December, 2023
Also Search –
Online Application For Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023
- First of all, you go to the official website.
- Then scroll down, and go to the Important Web Links section.
- Click on the online application form link.
- A new page will open.
- Then, Click on the “New Registration”.
- Enter your details as required in the portal, And register yourself.
- After registration, enter all the credentials and upload your documents on the portal as required.
- Finally, click on “Submit” and take a printout of your submitted application.
Last Date of Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023
The date for application for the Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 starts 3rd October, 2023 and the ends 31st December, 2023.
Official Website Of Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 official website is https://ner.ugc.ac.in/
Eligibility For Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023
- Students must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board including CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education), ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education), and NIOS (National Institute of Open Learning) under the North Eastern Region.
- The Student must be a resident of the North Eastern Region, he must be a domicile of the North Eastern Region.
- First-year undergraduate students are also eligible for the scholarship.
- The income of the parents of the Students should not exceed Rs 4.5 lakh.
- Transgender candidates can also apply for the scholarship, their reservation is the same as prescribed by the Government of India (GOI).
- The Students must have applied and obtained admission in the following courses in General Courses, Professional Courses, and Medical and Paramedical courses in the colleges:
- Universities/Institutes/Colleges funded by Central or State Governments.
- The institute or college should be of national importance.
Institutions covered under Section 2(f), 12(b) of the UGC Act.
- Deemed to be a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, it must be eligible to receive grants from the UGC.
- Universities must be recognized internally and externally by other statutory councils.
- For dual degree courses, the scholarship is valid only for the first degree, for integrated courses, the scholarship will be valid for the entire course.
- The university will be responsible for providing and clarifying the details while recommending the names of students for the Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Provides the amount of Rs 5400/- per month for general degree courses and Rs.7800/- per month will be given to the beneficiary student for technical and professional courses (including medical and para-medical courses) through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).