Netherlands Visa Application – Requirement Information – Do you have the dream of visiting or traveling to live in Netherlands, then this article is completely for you. Whether you want to go there and live, work, or you are going for medical purpose, cultural, sports, film crew or religious purpose, and even official delegation you will find the guide here on Netherlands visa information helpful.
It can be seen that there are different type of Visa to apply for depending on your purpose of visit to Netherlands, and based on this, we are going to show you all that is required for you to successfully complete Netherlands visa application that meets your purpose.
General Required Document For Netherlands Visa Application
- Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Netherlands Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about visa photo requirements and specifications.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required.
- Travel Visa Insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within the Netherlands and the entire Schengen area.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of a visit to the Netherlands and itinerary.
- Flight itinerary reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Netherlands.
- Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in the Netherlands.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in the Netherlands.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from the employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months.
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Dutch Visa application.
List of additional documents required for the most frequent purposes of the Netherlands Visa Application:
Dutch Tourist Schengen Visa:
- Invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Dutch Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Dutch company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit.
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel.
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided.
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months.
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents.
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Dutch Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in the Netherlands, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation.
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Dutch Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage.
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Dutch Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Dutch Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
Dutch Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Dutch citizen:
- Proof of Dutch citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Dutch nationality or naturalization order)
- Dutch marriage certificate
- Dutch family record book
Dutch Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Dutch Visa for Under-Age Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the Dutch embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Attention! Please consult the Embassy of the Netherlands in your country for the updated requirements for the Netherlands Visa application!