How To Open Gmail Account – Creating, registering or to opening a gmail account is very easy and simple. And it is one way to send and receive email messages across platforms.
When you create a gmail account, it gives you access to all other different kinds of Google products, enabling you access them with ease, and such google products include; Google plus, YouTube and more.
In this article, fanslite.com will be teaching and giving you the easy steps to create or open gmail account for free and from the comfort of your smartphone device or computer system.
How To Open Gmail Account
In order to open gmail account of your own, here are the necessary steps you must have to follow to create the account;
1. Go to Gmail official website on www.gmail.com – Once you land on this page, you will see an option “Create An Account”.
2. Click on “Create An Account” – Whether you are using desktop to open gmail account or you are using your mobile phone device, you will see this option, although the page may appear different, i.e the way it appears on mobile phone, may be different from how it appears on desktop.
3. Enter your full names which includes your First Name and Last Name. Also, come up with your Username. Your username is what becomes your new gmail email address, and it has to be unique and different from what any other person might have used to open gmail account.
If the Username you have chosen is not available, google will notify you and then give you list of suggestions or options to choose from, otherwise you try another username of your choice.
4. Fill up other required field with the appropriate information and details required, which include;
- Provision of your gmail password – This password you will use each time you want to login to your gmail account.
- You also fill your birthday details (It is usually used for age verification)
- Also provide your gender, your location, your mobile phone number which could be used to help you when you lose access to your newly opened gmail account (although this is optional, it is very necessary) You will enter a verification email address (optional).
- Also enter the country where you reside.
5. Click or tap “Next Step” – By clicking or tapping “Next Step”, you will be taken to another page for google gmail term agreement.
6. Press or click “I Agree” on the terms and conditions page – This is at the bottom-right corner of the page. (You may have to scroll down to see this)
7. Click on “Continue to Gmail” – This completes your gmail account registration for free. With these steps highlighted above on how to open gmail account you will successfully create a gmail account from the comfort of your device, anywhere, any time.
Now that you have registered an account or created a gmail account, you can proceed to customizing the gmail account to give you such experience of your choice.
On Customizing Your Gmail Account
Customizing your gmail account enables you determine your own gmail experience. You can decide to change your gmail account view. And there are different or varieties of views (Display) available for users, which you can use for your gmail.
1. The different Display Density Options include, Comfortable, Cozy, and Compact. They all work to affect the spacing between each email in your gmail account inbox.
Click on the Gear icon in the upper-right corner of the Gmail window to select any of the Display Density options. While Comfortable has the most spacing in between each email, Compact has the least amount of space between every line.
2. There is an avatar that enables you add a picture to your account. It is located in the upper-right corner of the Gmail home page. To add your own picture, click on it, and then click “Change” to add an image or picture for your account.
This is a picture which will always appear or display when other Gmail users receive email from you, and it is also associated with all of your Google activity.
On Using Gmail Features
1. To send email messages, click “Compose”; This is at the upper-left corner of the Gmail window. This action will open the New message window just the bottom of the page.
- In the “To” field, enter the email address of the recipient. And you can add more recipients by separating each address with comma.
- You may decide to add a “Cc” line, and this will send a copy to the recipients you list. Also, you can add a “Bcc” line which sends copies to the recipients you list, but in this case, their names are hidden from the regular recipients.
- In the “Subject” field, enter the subject of your email message.
- In the large field underneath “Subject”, type the body of the email message. To access different text formatting options, click the “A” button, which you will see at the bottom of the window. It allows you change the size, font, color and other things about the message texts.
- Click the blue Send button to send the message to the listed recipients.
2. To add and send attachment, click on the paperclip. When you open gmail account, you can use it to send all kinds of attachments and files, as big as 25 MB in size. You can drag the file directly onto the email you composing, or you can click the Paperclip button and then browse for the file on your computer.