Biography of Ayo Makun Education Net Worth and Career
Biography of Ayo Makun: You can’t make a list of the big boys in the Nigerian movie industry without coming up with Ayodeji Richard Makun, popularly known as AY. Whenever the name is mentioned it pulls a lot of attention in the world of entertainment.
It is not surprising for one to wonder who AY is and how he attended such height in the industry, well, this article is properly written to satisfy your curiosity as it brings you information on the Birth, Education, Awards, Achievements, Net-worth and Life of Ayo Makun.
Ayodeji Richard Makun also known by his stage name A.Y is a multi-award-winning Nigerian actor, comedian, radio and T.V presenter, writer, director and MC. Born on 19 August, 1971. He hails from Ifon, Ose local government in Ondo State. Born into a family of seven , he grew in Warri, Delta State.
Early Life and Education
A.Y was born and bred in Delta State, Nigeria. He attended Delta State University, Abraka. He graduated in 2003 as the most celebrated theatre arts student. A.Y also won other awards such as the most fashionable student on campus (1999 and 2000); best show-biz promoter (2001); the most celebrated student on campus (2001) and the Jaycee club socio-personality award (2003).
He is the host of the A.Y live shows and A.Y comedy skits. His first movie, 30 Days in Atlanta was produced by him and directed by Robert O. Peters. He was made a U.N Peace Ambassador in 2009 after winning six awards in 2008
AY wrote the column, Going AY-Wire as a guest columnist with The Sun Newspapers, (Nigeria’s most circulated National Daily) and also wrote another monthly column titled Jokes Apart in Gbenga Adeyinka’s monthly comedy journal, Laffmatazz. The multi-talented comedian also presented The AY Live on The Morning Drive every Friday from 6am to 10am on Rhythm 93.7 FM, Lagos.
AY rose to fame after performing at the “Night of a Thousand Laugh” a comedy show hosted by Oppa Williams. He is currently the host of the AY Live shows, AY comedy skits and AY Cribs which he usually publish on YouTube. He is very skillful, creative and talented
AY has become the ‘father’ of many upcoming acts and established acts that are doing well in the industry, through the monthly AY’s Open Mic Challenge that held every third Sunday, at The National Theatre and later at The marquee of Federal Palace Hotels and Casinos, Lagos.
The AY Show, arguably the best Comedy Show on Nigeria TV, shows on many terrestrial television stations across the country including Africa Magic, winning BEST TV COMEDY SHOW in 2008, and has from its onset become a must watch for its teeming fan base.
In 2008, AY won six awards, making him one of the most accomplished entertainers in Nigeria. In 2009, AY won the Best Comedian in Nigeria at the City People Entertainment Awards. He also won the Most Creative Comedian in Nigeria at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
AY is currently the CEO of Corporate World Entertainment. His first movie “30 days in Atlanta” was directed by a Hollywood movie director, Robert Peters. The movie featured Nollywood, Hollywood and Ghanaian celebrities. The movie was shot in Lagos, Accra and New York.
As an investor in stand-up comedy, AY has influenced many upcoming comedians through his AY “Open Mic Challenge” which brought comedians like Akpororo and Elenu to limelight.
A.y is married to Mabel Makun and they have a daughter together called Mirabel Makun.
- 10 Days in Sun City
- A Trip to Jamaica
- The Wedding Party
- 30 Days in Alanta
- Being Mrs Elliot
- The Accidental Spy
- The Merrymen
- The Merrymen 2
- Comedian of the year: Diamond Awards for Comedy
- Comedian of the year: Teens Favorite
- Comedian of the year: MBG Abuja Merit Awards
- Comedian of the year: National Daily Awards
- Comedian of the year: Arsenal Award for Excellence
- Comedian of the year: Mode Men of the year Awards
- N Peace Ambassador
- Comedian of the year: Nigerian Entertainment Awards
- Most creative Entrepreneur of the year, (comedy category) :C.E.A.N
- Best Comedy Film at Africa Movie Academy Awards
- Best Supporting Actor at Nigerian Entertainment Awards
- Nollywood Personality of the Year at The Sun Awards
- Golden Movie (Comedy) at Golden Movie Awards
His exceptional performance during school days earned him the following awards;
- The Most Fashionable student on campus (1999 and 2000)
- The Most Celebrated Student on Campus (2001)
- Best Showbiz Promoter (2001)
- Jaycee Club Socio-Cultural Personality Award (2003)
- Most Celebrated Theatre Arts Student (2003)
Comedy paved the way for Ayo Makun to achieve the following;
- He is the Host of AY Live, a usually sold out comedy and music concert in Lagos and London.
- He is also the host of the popular TV series AY’s Crib which was launched in 2013
- The AY show is a TV comedy show, aired on many terrestrial television stations across Nigeria and Africa Magic.
- AY’s open Mic Contest is a monthly comedy show for many upcoming and established acts in the industry. The show is held every third Sunday of the month at the Marquee Federal Palace Hotels and casinos, Lagos.
- Ayo Makun is the CEO of Corporate World Entertainment (CWE)
AY Current Net Worth
AY is one of the richest comedians in Nigeria currently. AY’s net worth is currently estimated at $2 million and about 3.2 billion in Naira. He is a business man who has landed properties in and out of Nigeria, he has cars as well as a Mansion. It is said that AY charges 2 million Naira and above to perform on invitation.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus.