Eminem Biography – Checkout Net Worth Family and Career
Eminem Biography: You can’t mention rap legends without calling Eminem, he among others craved way in the rap game. Born in 1972 in Missouri, rap musician Eminem had a rough childhood.
He released The Slim Shady LP in early 1999, and the album went multi-platinum, garnering Eminem two Grammy Awards and four.
In the year 2000, the rapper launched and released The Marshall Mathers LP, which to this day is regarded as the fastest-selling album in rap history.
In 2010, the rap star released the Grammy-winning album called Recovery, a highly autobiographical attempt to come to terms with his struggles with addiction and experience with rehabilitation.
The Marshall Mathers LP 2 (2013) also garnered numerous accolades, and the artist later followed with Revival (2017) and Kamikaze (2018).
Eminem Early Life
American rapper, record producer and actor Eminem were born Marshall Bruce Mathers III on October 17, 1972, in St. Joseph, Missouri. Like I said before, Eminem had a rough childhood. He never knew his father, Marshall Mathers Jr.,
his father abandoned the family when he was still an infant and rebuffed all of his son’s many attempts to contact him during his childhood.
Due to this, Eminem was raised by his mother, Deborah Mathers. She never managed to hold down a job for more than several months at a time, so they moved must time between Missouri and Detroit, Michigan, spending large chunks of time in public housing projects.
“I would change schools two, three times a year,” Eminem later recalled. “That was probably the roughest part about it all.”
This itinerant lifestyle left a large impact on his personality. Eminem never had any close friends, kept almost entirely to himself and was seen and treated as an outcast at each new school. “Beat up in the bathroom, beat up in the hallways, shoved into lockers, “that was what the rapper said
Eminem goes back to when he started performing at rap battles with his close friend Mike Ruby when he was only 14. Subsequently, as he became popular, he was recruited by several rap groups, plus New Jacks, Soul Intent, and D12.
His first solo album, ‘Infinite’, was launched and released in 1996, and was a failure; this was dues to Eminem’s style, and feelings people had towards it at that time. He was told that his style was not cut out for hip hop and that only inspired him to keep on writing more rhymes.
In 1997, Dr. Dre, the founder of Aftermath entertainment spotted him and began working with him. Two years later, The song Slim Shady LP was released and went Platinum.
Since then, Eminem has released numerous albums and has sold over 40 million copies in the US alone. He has featured a number of artists and even starred in a movie based on his story.
Today, Eminem is considered to be one of the best, if not the best, rappers of all time. He’s worked with just about every musician you can think of, including the likes of Ed Sheeran, 50 Cent, Lil Wayne, Rhianna, Drake, and more.
Eminem Net worth
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Eminem is worth $190 million and brings in about $10 to $15 million per year. But other than sporadic album releases every few years or so, what contributes to the makings of his overall net worth?
- Billboard Music Awards – Album of the Year (The Eminem Show, 2002)
- Academy Awards – Best Original Song (Lose Yourself, 2003)
- Brit Awards – Best International Male Solo Artist (2003, 2004)
- Vibe Magazine Special Awards – Best Rapper Alive (2008)
- Billboard Music Awards – Artist of the Decade (2009)
- MOBO Awards – Best International Act (2010)
- Grammy Awards – Best Rap Album (Recovery, 2011)
- Billboard Music Awards – Top Rap Artist (2014)
Eminem’s Family and Personal life
At the age of fifteen, the rapper became friends with Kimberley Anne Scott, who had run away with her sister Dawn, and was living with Eminem’s mother. The two young people fell in love and gave birth to a daughter, Hailie in 1995.
Kim and the talented rap artiste got married in 1999, but the relationship has always been turbulent, with the couple getting divorced and remarried several times.
In 2000, this brilliant rapper appeared on the front page of ‘The Source’ magazine, becoming the first white singer to have the honor.
In 2008, the famous rapper’s mother published a book titled ‘My Son Marshall, My Son Eminem’, which is an autobiographical account of how she raised her son and saw his rise to fame.
- The truth is you don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.” – Eminem
- “But music is reflection of self, we just explain it, and then we get our checks in the mail.” – Eminem
- “Success is my only option, failure’s not.” – Eminem
- “Love is just a word, but you bring it definition.” – Eminem
- “Everybody has goals, aspirations or whatever, and everybody has been at a point in their life where nobody believed in them.” – Eminem
- “Trust is hard to come by. That’s why my circle is small and tight. I’m kind of funny about making new friends.” – Eminem
- “Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned. They’re only powerful when you got your back turned.” – Eminem
- “I say what I want to say and do what I want to do. There’s no in between. People will either love you for it or hate you for it.” – Eminem
- “Don’t ever try to judge me dude, you don’t know what the f**k I’ve been through.” – Eminem
- “You’ve got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something.” – Eminem
If you found this article useful and would love to get more updates like this one kindly subscribe below, by entering your email and hit the share button to share to your friends.