Federal Inland Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 – According to the FIRS official website, the Federal Inland Revenue Service as part of its consolidation strategies, always want to engage the services of early starters with integrity, drive and desire to win professionally, to strengthen its workforce that is why they will recruit new staffs soon.
Immediately the recruitment begins this year 2021, all applicants are to be informed that irrespective of the job position that is advertised online, there is a minimum general requirements for all job applicants in Nigeria. They are as follows:
FIRS Minimum Qualifications for Application
1. Any applicants who wants to apply for FIRS must have obtained a Bachelor (B.Sc.) or Master’s Degree (M.Sc.) in either Geology, Statistics, Law, Accounting, Engineering, Banking & Finance, Computer Science, Economics, or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field of study from an accredited Nigerian University. OR a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computer Science, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Banking & Finance, or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field from a Nigerian Polytechnic.
2. FIRS does not accept anyone without computer knowledge, you must be computer literate and conversant with Microsoft office (especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point). The applicants must know Internet Web Applications and the use of relevant applications for efficient delivery of service in the office.
3. The applicants must possess a strong leadership and general management skills.
4. Applicants must be of strong team spirit and have the ability to effectively delegate.
5. Communication is very important because you will be communing with people, so a strong interpersonal and communication skills is required.
6. You will also need a strong Analytical skills.
7. You are advised to purchase a copy of the Nigerian Tax Laws so that you can have knowledge and appreciation of their application and understanding of the regulatory framework within which the FIRS operates its services in the country;
8. Any intending applicant must have some knowledge of business/industry environment within which taxpayers operate in Nigeria.
9. Laziness is not allowed in FIRS, so applicants must have the ability to work as a regulator with the courage to ensure full compliance with laws.
FIRS Minimum Character Attributes for Applicants
1. According to FIRS official recruitment advertisement portal, all intending applicants must be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence by law or should not have been indicted at or dismissed from their places of work or other environment due to misconduct.
2. You must have the sincere ability to work independently and within a team environment and produce results.
FIRS Minimum Past Performance Level
1. Applicants must possess a confirmed ability to determine conformity and non-conformity to set standards in processes and procedures AND demonstrated courage and ability to eliminate, rectify or close determined non-conformity to standard character attributes.
2. There must be a established courage in ensuring change within the organization he or she has worked through the effective discharge of his or her responsibility in spite of resistance to change efforts.
3. Verified impact presence in the work place as a direct result of the individual’s ability to effect positive and sustainable change in his/her environment.
FIRS Recruitment Application Requirement(s):
All intending applicants are also to be informed that notwithstanding the position advertised, any of the following requirements below will be an added advantage to the applicant:-
1. Master’s degree (M.Sc.) in related discipline as mentioned above.
2. Professional Courses: Relevant and recognized professional certification and qualification.
Other General Requirement(s):
In addition to the previously mentioned requirements all Applicants must:-
1. Have passed out from National Youth Service Corps with an NYSC Discharge certificate. Those who exempted from NYSC due to age, must present their exemption certificate.
2. Have been certified as mentally fit for appointment into the Service by a recognized Medical Doctor in any of these class of Government Hospitals:(i) National Hospital (ii) Government Teaching Hospitals (iii) Federal Medical Centers
3. Provide contact details for three references (from last employer, a close family relation and tertiary institution) from whom confidential reports on character and demonstrated abilities can be obtained.
4. Present a certificate of State of Origin and Local Government signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Government. Certificates endorsed by Liaison offices will not be accepted.
Method For Federal Inland Revenue Service Recruitment Application
Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) usually considers computer proficiency as one of the key requirement for any person who wants to get a job in the FIRService. Last year, all applicants asked to apply through the internet, and it it believed that in 2017/2018 recruitment process, all aspiring applicants are expected to fill their applications forms online for free.
Note that the FIRS Application forms can ONLY be found at the FIRS official website which is at www.firs.gov.ng/careers
The FIRS has not currently stated when the 2017 application portal will be open. However, to be sure of when recruitment will commence, always visit the FIRS website on www.firs.gov.ng/careers or Visit this page frequently for we are always here to give you updates on Federal Inland Revenue Services recruitment.
Notwithstanding, whenever the portal opens, please do well to follow all the guidelines and instructions on the FIRS website to fill in your application. You can also fill the forms at any business center or cyber cafe close to you. Do not give anyone money for this application.
- Please be informed that only applications from people who falls within the advertised positions would be considered.
- Your application does not guarantee that you will be called for an interview or given employment.
- FIRS has warned that all individuals are expected to apply for only ONE position. it has been stated categorically clear that multiple applications by one Candidate for more than one job will be disqualified without prejudice.
- Note that immediately after submission of a completed application form online, applicants will receive an acknowledgement containing a reference either in their email or mobile phone; FIRS will decide that. You will quote this number in all future correspondences e.g. interview.
When will FIRS Recruitment Application Start and End?
- The application date and closing date for when FIRS will start recruitment for 2017/2018, are yet to be announced, but we know it will begin very soon.
- You have to also know that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
We wish you the best as you hunt for a job in Federal Inland Revenue Service.
Federal Inland Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 – FIRS Recruitment Guide