How to Close Citi Bank Account Online for Free
This page contains information on how to close Citi bank account online; read carefully especially if you are desiring to close Citi bank account online from US.
Are you tired of banking with Citi bank? Do you have any issues that made you think you want to leave? If Yes then this page avail you all the information you need to know about closing Citi bank account, but mind you, once you close your Citi bank saving account, credit card or any account you have with them, you may lose all your data, plus other items that have your identity with them
However, there are still other ways to reach to them especially if you are encountering any challenges. The Citi bank online platform can help you resolve any issues affecting your account.
Have you made up your, then this is how to get rid of your Citi bank account online.
What You Need to Terminate Citi Bank Account?
This section contains information on the Citi bank account closure requirement, provide any of this things required so as to close your account effectively:
- Any applicants desiring to opt out from any Citi bank services, especially terminating all accounts must first of all make sure, he or she withdraws any money with the bank. If money is not withdrawn before account cancellation, money may be diverted to the bank.
- Applicant will have to download account termination form online or visit any of the bank branches to collect the form.
- You may be asked series of questions on why you want to close your account, so be ready to answer them.
- These are major things you need to know or have before you can proceed to close your account Moreover, be reminded that you have the right to permanently close Citi bank account if you want to. No one can be able to stop if that is what you want.
Citi Bank Account Closure Request Form
Here are the contents of the Citi bank account closure form:
- Account details: Account name, Account type, Account Number.
- Purpose of closure
- Desired Mode of Receipt: Currency, Name of Account Holder, Bank Name, Swift Code, Other Account Number
- Recipients Address Details: Address One and two, PIN or Zip code
Also Read –How To Delete Hitwe Account Permanently
How to Close Citi Bank Account Online
Right now, we want to show you how to close an account with Citi bank, after now you will be closing your account at will, but then remember to withdraw your money before closing your account.
Go online to download the Citi bank account closure form or visit any of the Citi bank branch close to your location to grab your form right away
You have gotten the form, the next is to fill up all that is required. Inside the form, you are needed to enter your full account name, account number, and account type (savings, current, NRO, NRE etc.) Make sure that all fields that are not tagged optional are filled properly. More so, sign your signature in the space provided.
Now, send your form to Citibank N.A, Mail Room, ACROPOLIS, 9th Floor, New Door No.148, (Old No.68) Dr. Radhakrishnan Salai, Mylapore, Chennai – 600 004.
More so, visit any of the Citi bank branch close to you to conform that your firm was received. More so, ensure that you speak with the customer service care representative for any assistance which you need.
After confirmation of the banks receiving of the form; request for an approval letter or form, acknowledging that they will commence with the account termination.
It takes Citi bank complete two working days to terminate an account finally, within this time you will be notified via an email if this process was successful or not.
What Happens When your account Citi Bank is Account is Terminated?
This is what happens after your permanently delete Citi bank account
- Account will be terminated for live
- All money or items registered with the account that is unclaimed can never be claimed after account termination.
- The bank will delete instantly all entries and transactions regarding such account.
- You will not be able to receive notification concerning the bank on its promotional services.
- You cannot be able to pay-in money or make a withdrawal from the account.
That is all, so you can go ahead to close your Citi ban account if you want to do that.
Was this Helpful? Please remember to share on Facebook, Twitter, Google.