How To Create AOL Mail Account
Having a good email account is a good option for communicating with other people. AOL Mail is designed to render quality email service to its users. However, AOL is a popular email service that offers email services just like Zoho mail, Yahoo mail, and the rest. The email service is sometimes called AIM Mail which is the abbreviation for AOL Instant Messenger.
AOL Mail was established in 1993 as a free Web-based email service provider by Verizon communications media and AOL Holdings LLC.
In 1997, AOL was the biggest email provider with over 9 million subscribers. The AOL Mail does not only offer email services but you can also get the latest news across the globe. Also, with other relevant important entertainment, sport, finance, lifestyle, weather, and many much more.
Furthermore, AOL Mail comes with features that enable users to have knowledge of the services exclusively offered by AOL. It can be used to link up with other mail services just like Gmail, Hotmail, etc.
AOL Mail App Features
AOL Mail is designed with a simple interface making it easy for users. Here are the Features of AOL Mail:
- AOL Mail app comes with spam filter to protect you from unwanted email.
- The mail has a maximum mailbox size that can contain up to 1,000 new massages, up to about 4,000 old messages, and about 4,000 sent messages.
- With AOL Mail you are allowed to link to another email account such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, etc
- AOL Mail supports protocols like IMAP, POP3, SMTP.
- The mail services protect all information in it against virus.
It is important to note that, AOL Mail ease to functionally will be closed after 90 days. When an account is deactivated at this point, the user will not receive any mail anymore. Then after 180 days of in activities such account will be totally deleted.
How to Open AOL Mail Account
To Open AOL Mail Account there are steps to follow to achieve the process:
- Go to the aol.com with your phone browser
- Move over to the upper hand of the screen and click on “Login/join” widget
- On the next page, Search for the “ Create your account” tap on the “create” link close to the “Next” link
- Next, key in your full names, email address, phone number, gender, and date of birth.
- Then tap on the “Continue” button
- Scroll demand, tap on the box to show that you are not a robot, and tap on the “ Continue” box to continue.
- A verification code will be sent to your number by clicking on the codes sent to your phone.
When you follow the steps by steps guide above, you will definitely open your AOL Mail Account. I will like to inform you that you can also log in to your AOL account on other social media platforms like Facebook, Yahoo Mail, and Google account to sign up.
How to sign in to AOL Mail Account
When you sign in to your AOL Mail Account, you have access to your inbox, draft, and even you the send option. You also have to use a password with a strong character to avoid your account from being hacked.
To sign in to your account, follow these same steps of signing up.
- Go to the aol.com
- On the website, get to login/ join widget
- Choose the login
- Next, enter your email address and tap on next,
- The process to the next page, then key in your password
- Click on the Next button.
AOL Mail accounts can be opened free of charge, meaning that there are no charges for opening an account. So it’s free for all users, just get to www.aol.com.