Have you heard about domiciliary account before and you wonder what it is all about. And probably you want to know if you can open the account and even, more especially to know if you can open domiciliary account with GTbank in Nigeria.
Truth is, you can easily own domiciliary account with GTbank. Although to do this, you must meet certain requirement in order to open the account, the requirement we will tell you below in this article.
But before then, it is important to understand briefly what domiciliary account is all about. Only then we will better explain the process of domiciliary account opening with GTbank for you. Thus;
What is Domiciliary account?
Domiciliary account is a type of bank account which allows one to operate or maintain an account in foreign currency. This means that you can save money in US dollars, Euro, or Pounds Sterling which is usually funded by way of bank deposits, traveler’s cheque etc.
Domiciliary account allows you send money and receive money from abroad as it is not ordinarily easy to transfer money from Nigeria to someone who is abroad.
But with domiciliary account this becomes possible and easier. And you can send money across other domiciliary account by deposit or through mobile bank transfer.
Thus, if you will ever need to receive or send money across countries (abroad), then you must have to open domiciliary account with GTbank or any other bank of your choice like Zenith bank, Firstbank, Diamond bank etc.
Steps To Open Domiciliary Account With GTbank Nigeria.
To open a domiciliary (Dom) account with GTbank is not as difficult as you may think, all you need is to meet up with the account opening requirements. And then follow the steps below thereafter.
Requirement to opening GTbank Domiciliary Account;
Here are the few things you need in order to create or open your domiciliary account in about 24 – 48 hours;
- Identification Card (ID Card) – One of the most important thing you will need to open your domiciliary account is a means of identification recognized in the country. This can be either your voters’ Card, National ID Card, International passport or even your Driver’s license.
- Utility bills – You will have to bring the original copy of any of your utility bills along side the photocopy. The utility bill can be the PHCN bill, telephone bill, Water bill or Sanitary bill; any of them which is not more than three month ago.
- 2 Referees – Two current account holders (each) in GTbank are required to serve as your referees. They will be issued the reference form which they will fill in order to enhance the account opening.
- 2 Passport photographs – Two of your passport photos will be required. Two of them which must be your recent photos.
- Some amount of money for account activation – You will need to deposit at least $100 (100 dollars) for the activating of your domiciliary account after it has been opened.
NOTE: This amount is withdrawable at any time after you have successfully opened the account, so you don’t have to worry much about depositing such amount.
Now that we have known the requirement for opening the domiciliary account, let us now look into how to open the domiciliary account.
How To Open Domiciliary Account With GTbank, Nigeria.
Having known about these requirement, you can then go ahead with the account opening;
- Visit any of the GTbank branch near you.
- Enquire for the customer service desk and tell them you want to open a domiciliary account with their bank.
- The customer service will ask you if you have any account with GTbank before now, if yes, that’s a good one! But if you don’t, they will have to open one account (either savings or current account) for you; Along side the domiciliary account.
- To create the account, you will be issued the account opening form and two reference forms for you and your referees to fill.
- Fill in the forms accurately and correctly. Then give your referees to fill too. But if they are not there with you in the bank, you can home with the forms to fill them and for the referees to fill.
Remember, to use two GTBank current account holders for your referee as to facilitate the account opening.
- After you have completely and correctly filled the form, go back to the GTbank branch and submit the forms.
- The customer service agent will go through the forms for corrections and accuracy. After which you will be asked to go.
- Then, wait for 48 hours, you will get an SMS from GTbank. The message will inform you that your account has been opened, while showing you the account number.
- At this point, you can then go back to the bank and make a deposit of 100 dollars into the newly opened domiciliary account to fully activate the account.
That is all and your account is ready for transaction!
For questions and suggestions, make use of the comment box below.