Kid and Pregnancy Management – Kids – About Kids – Growth and Age Ranges of Kids: The Five Areas of Development is a holistic approach to learning that strives to break down the silos in education and ensure the development of a learner in all Five areas of Development – Cerebral, Emotional, Physical, Social and Spiritual.
Personally I define kid as a young human being who is not capable of taking care of his or herself. But then, one wonders, are babies classified as kids? or at what ages are human beings classified as a kid.
Growth and Age Ranges of Kids
kids range within the ages of one  to twelve years  old. Although, some countries have it legally as 0ne to thirteen years. During this ages, kids are adorable and vulnerable. At every process or stage they begin to change as they learn from many surrounding factors. As they grow, they pass through different processes and exhibits different characters depending on their different ages. For example:
- From age one to three tends to be protective. They aren’t quite friendly to people they don’t know especially their age mates, at this ages they cry or fight any stranger that intrudes their privacy wanting to be the only center of attraction.
- kids from four to seven are a lot friendlier and open to one another. At this age they always want to be in the presence of their peer group, always playing and not wanting to part ways they are excited once they go somewhere with an adult and realize there’s another of their kind around.
- From the ages eight to twelve learns to accept responsibilities, they begin to reason more and assist in some little chores, this stage is a very crucial one. It may mold or mar a Child’s behavior because they are affected by what they see and hear every day. Therefore, it is advisable that a parent or a guardian pays careful attention to them so they do not pick up dirty pattern of behavior from anywhere.
KIDS WELL BEING
Kids’ well being when mentioned goes a long way. It covers a wide range of things although health is the first thing that comes to one’s mind when well being is mentioned. A lot more is going to be discussed like their nutrition, exercise, pattern of reasoning, education, rest etc.
- Nutrition: kids need proper diet. They have to eat foods that contains the six classes of foods (protein, carbohydrate, mineral, vitamin, fat and oil, water). Most kids dislike vegetables and solid foods instead they derive pleasure in eating junks, candies and other sugary foods. As an adult it is advised that you constantly monitor and support your kid to eat healthy. You could adopt some funny methods or games and play with them just to ensure they get to like a particular food.
- Exercise: A lot of people think that when it comes to kids, exercise isn’t necessary, it’s believed that since about 80% of them play or jump around almost all the time it should cover up and do all the work in their system but that isn’t entirely true. Kids need exercise as much as adults do. Exercise helps kids’ muscles and assist them in growth. It also increases the blood flow in their system. In order to make it easy and fun for them. They can engage in sports like football, volleyball, skating, basketball etc.
Also Read: How to Copy Facebook Link | See Full Guide
What are the 5 stages of development in a child?
Factor that Build Kids’ Intellect
These factors have to be considered when dealing with kids.
- Pattern of reasoning: yes, the way kids reason or perceive things also affects their well being. A lot of kids get bullied in school and were they live. Some face physical abuse, others emotional and so on. This might lead to psychology issues and creation of nuisance in the society. As a parent it is advisable that you model and structure yourself in a good way to lead by example, talk to them constantly, try to understand them and deem yourself trustworthy enough in their sights.
- Education: kids have a right to education in fact is a necessity in all countries. It has been pen down as a legal right. Weather in a class room, e-learning or home schooling. Any form of education gives a kid a lot of edge to his environment because they get to learn a lot of things in school. It is in schools that kids get to learn things about their countries which most times are transformed into poems, how to calculate using symbols or how to get ready for the adult life. Moreover, kids who lack education develop inferiority complex. It limits their power of judgement and restrain their intellectual mind. Kindergarten is usually the appropriate class for kids.
What are the 7 stages of growth and development?
- Prenatal Development.
- Infancy and Toddlerhood.
- Early Childhood.
- Middle Childhood.
- Early Adulthood.
- Middle Adulthood.
- Late Adulthood.
In conclusion kids should not be left without watch or care for as their ability to retain memory starts at this age, every kid is special and unique in its own way. In every child holds a potential great man or great woman but then this potential greatness must be followed up to prepare their intellectual minds otherwise this gift has a chance of going astray.